Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, Cortana, you all must have heard these names once in a while in your life, or many of us are currently using them daily. These virtual assistant technologies have become an integral part of our routines, giving us significant support for personalization. How did this happen? A big thanks to AI, the technology that has completely revamped the ways how things worked before.
It was 2011 when Apple’s Siri had marked a tremendous entrance in mobile apps. The introduction of these virtual assistants in mobile applications has been seen as the start of Artificial intelligence in our daily experiences. The launch of Siri in mobile apps has begun a new era of Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence has become one of the trendiest technologies of the digital world. Every 3 out of 5 businesses are using this technology for better customer experience and operations. In recent years, this technology has become a notable buzzword for many industries across the globe. According to the market reports- The global AI market size was estimated at USD 62.35 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 93.53 billion in 2021.
Let’s put light on some more facts-
By the year 2025, the global AI market is expected to be at almost $60 billion
Global GDP will grow by $15.7 trillion by the year 2030, and that’s thanks to AI
Currently, the majority of the online purchases are suggested by the AI
40% of companies use AI to improve sales and marketing
76% of the companies have exceeded their sales due to AI.
In 2017, Netflix saved approximately $1 billion in content spending using AI.
So, what is AI?
In the simplest term, AI is the “system with the ability to copy intelligent behavior and make autonomous decisions. It is intelligence demonstrated by machines, where machines can perform tasks that typically require the human brain. And these tasks include analysis, problem-solving, reasoning, learning, and much more.
Earlier mobile phones were only considered a means of calling someone, but the arrival of smartphones has completely transformed its origin. With the passing years, the innovation of mobile apps has given user expectations excellent turns. The launch of Siri in mobile apps has begun a new era of Artificial Intelligence.
Today, from handling daily chores, social interaction to business meetings and strategies, all are done by mobile applications. Multiple brands like Amazon, eBay, Uber are using AI for better customer experiences and provide exceptional results.
AI in mobile app development is helping organizations to offer reliable and efficient customer services. As a result, the demand for AI-enabled applications is continuously growing in the app development market.
This post will guide you through the three types of AI and how AI can be incorporated into mobile apps to make apps more robust, efficient, and intelligent.
Types of AI incorporation into mobile apps
1. Reasoning- This part of AI intelligence deals in carrying computers still playing logic for solving problems. And this is the very identical experience that makes AI beat humans at chess.
2. Recommendation- Recommendation gives users insight into what they are required next. Some of the top brands globally, such as Amazon, Flipkart, Netflix, Subway is using this type of AI for a long time now.
3. Behavioral- With this type of AI, you can set new borders in the world or security. Whenever someone tries to take your data or tries to impersonate any online transactions without keeping you in knowledge, this AI system can track the uncommon behavior and stop the transaction then and there.
Moving on, let’s talk about the role of AI in mobile apps-
How is AI bringing the personalized experience to mobile applications?
Many sectors like healthcare, eCommerce, real estate have already witnessed the effect AI can have on a business, and in practical, the majority of them mainly rely on AI. The reason behind the rising popularity of implementing AI in business operations, the sales number is not the only thing that has progressed up, but the customer retention rate has also never been better.
Let’s look at the other essential things that clearly explain the necessity of AI in mobile apps.
1. Personalization- One of the best things that AI has brought up for businesses is getting more profound insights into customer needs. It empowers the ability to understand your customer, their needs, their budgets, and much more. So, in simple words, AI will put your customers in front of your platform, displaying what you are selling. One of the best examples is Instagram, where we often come across advertisements for those products and goods that we have been looking for or have shown interest in.
2. Advance Search- AI machine learning lets users optimize search options into their mobile apps, making search results more natural and contextual. According to a report, 40% of the US users currently use the voice search function daily, and 67% of mobile users already use AI-powered voice assistants.
3. Predicting user behavior- The most significant advantage of AI-based machine learning for organizations is getting a detailed knowledge of users’ preferences and behavioral patterns. This type of AI is valuable; big market giants like Netflix and Amazon prime use it; the platforms understand the user’s preferences, kinds of shows, and movies a particular user likes to watch. Based on that, they provide suitable suggestions. The best part is that recommendations are completely spot-on, explaining their accuracy to read the customer’s preference.
4. Enhanced security level- Besides making a helpful marketing tool, AI in mobile apps streamlines secure app authentication. Features like image recognition and voice-audio recognition help users set up more robust security authentication steps in their mobile devices. Massive cyber security organizations have adopted AI, which gives them greater visibility in their security environment and the ability to protect cyber threats.
5. AI Chatbot- AI chatbot has been an excellent addition for many businesses. Customer care with the right kind of support at the right time has been the foundation for the success of any business. So, when the customers don’t get the suitable type of service at the right time, they start looking for alternate solutions. But with the help of an AI chatbot, no chat is left unattended, and the best part is it seems like you are speaking to a person.
Its most outstanding example is Starbucks, which understands the importance of this, and its incorporated chatbot within the app helps provide their customers a better and more convenient experience.
AI has become a fundamental part of every business these days. According to market experts, every app or every business will incorporate at least one type of AI sooner or later. The only secrets that work for success are, ensure that your end-users are satisfied with the progressive apps. And for that, you need to make sure that you understand them well. You must ensure that you are putting everything to stand one step ahead, and with the help of AI, you will be able to do this.
So, what are you waiting for? Start incorporating AI into your mobile apps; we have more than enough to start looking for AI for our business and our apps. To get more details, feel free to get in touch with us. Our technical experts are here to help you with the best solutions.
Till then, happy reading...