If you are using a business option to earn online, Google ranking would be the most important factor for you. Why is that so? Why do business owners have to be so concerned about the rank their website or web page has? Having a strong online presence is all about getting a good count of traffic. If you have more people visiting your website, it would be easier to generate good business and take your revenue to a higher level. Having fresh content is obviously the most important factor to get more traffic. When a user visits a website, the first thing he checks is the content on the website. If he feels that the content does not make an impact, he would not spend a lot of time and start browsing websites that have quality content on offer. When it comes to adding fresh content, a lot depends on the research work you have to complete.
- There should be enough new points and a connection should exist between them. When the reader goes through the written information, he should not feel lost in any manner.
Ideal Article length for Google Rank
Writing an article is not as simple as adding a list of numbers. The flow of thoughts is very important. However, there are some important guidelines you need to adhere to when you are writing an article. For instance, you should make sure that the length is according to requirement. It should not be too long or short.
* Getting correct SEO results is the key
If you talk about the recommended length of an article or blog post, it ranges from 800 words to 1000 words. So using the Prepostseo
word counter is always beneficial for the writers. It simply works as a character count tool, and precisely count the number of words in an article. An article would only be a successful venture if you are able to get high standard SEO results. If the traffic rate of your website is not increasing, publishing an article with the correct length would not do any good to you. Thus, it is important to pay attention to SEO results. Check the analytics of your website before and after the article has been published. Make sure that the bounce rate is not high. Having a high bounce rate means people do visit on your website but do not spend a lot of time. This is the output when the website lacks something critical. If you have published various new articles but there are grammatical issues with it, users would vanish away.
* Keyword stuffing is a major problem
Using the correct keywords can be a big plus point to get quality traffic and improve the results. However, there is a big difference between using keywords and stuffing the content with them. Keywords and important phrases have to be used in a logical and natural manner. Use them only where they make sense and are actually needed. A lot of writers focus on completing the requirements of the length. For this purpose, they stuff keywords even when the need is not there.
* Readability is the core factor
Consider that you run an online store for musical instruments and you are looking to increase traffic. You write an article on “best electronic guitars of 2019” and publish it with the correct keywords. Here, you need to be sure that the keywords have been used with the correct density. For instance, an article of 500 words would not have the same keyword being used 30 times. Check the density needed and then use the required phrases.
Readers today are quite smart and read the content with complete attention. If someone is serious about buying your products, he would read the article to get quality information. His goal would not be to count the number of times a keyword has been used. Instead, he would be seeking exclusive information about guitars. Once he is convinced about the products you offer, he would be in a position to make a decision about making the purchase.
Length depends on the topic and audience
The most important purpose of an article is communicating with the targeted audience. It is good to follow standard guidelines but the length depends on the topic. Other than that, you need to keep the potential readers in mind.
- Consider that you have to write an article on “how to play a hollow guitar”. Before you start writing, develop a flow. If you analyse this topic, it is obvious that the flow would include content broken down into steps. As the article is descriptive, the length may increase to cover all the areas. Similarly if you need to write a blog on “The best exercises for abs”, the content length may be comparatively shorter. Hence, it all depends on the topic you are covering.
- Who are your readers? This is a very important aspect and you should never ignore it. A reader has certain expectations in mind when he is going through content. As a writer, you should make sure that these expectations are being met. If you are completing the word requirement but the content does not meet expectations, the article would surely not make the needed impact. Hence, the focus on quality is very important.
Writing an article for SEO purposes
is not like writing any other piece of writing. You are expected to analyse a lot of things. For instance, who would be the readers of the article? The Google ranking of the website would not increase simply after the article has been published. It would improve when you have sufficient readers. Now, this depends on the length as well as the quality of content. If you have published a high standard article but it does not offer readability, the rank would improve.
Sometimes, writers insert keywords without the need being there. The purpose is to complete the word limit. This is not smart thinking in any manner. Serious readers take this as a negative aspect. They look for well drafted content and keyword stuffing simply reduces the quality level.