For newbie Internet marketers, knowing about the best digital marketing practices can be a tough task. There is a lot of learning to do - from implementing the right SEO techniques to link building strategies, social media, and more. However, the first thing that new marketers should take care of is learning about their target audience and understanding what they want. This will help them to make the right choices when it comes to online and offline marketing. The below Internet statistics and facts can help you to understand how users interact with the Internet and enable you to formulate winning strategies for your digital campaign. Thus, without further ado, let’s check them out!
Web Search Statistics
- Google Search dominates the web space with 92.07% of all search engine activity compared to Bing and other search engines.
- It is estimated that 50% of all online searches will be voice-based by the end of 2020.
- Ranking on the first page of Google’s search result for targeted keywords is what all website owners aim for. As such, here it is estimated that a landing page with a video has 50% more chances of showing up on Google’s first page.
- 77% of internet users read blogs, which shows just how important it is to write interesting blog posts that engage users. This will help you to boost your site’s ranking and generate organic traffic.
h - When it comes to the most effective SEO technique, almost 72% of online marketers said that content creation tops the list.
- Also, companies that blog get 97% more links to their website, which is just fantastic.
- Every year, eCommerce is growing at an average of around 23%. Go here to read which is the best eCommerce platform for you!
- 68% is the average cart abandonment rate. To reduce this, you need to identify the issues in your sales funnel and rectify it post-haste.
- On average, individuals spend more when purchasing from the desktop than via a mobile device or tablet.
Cyber Security Statistics
- The top three sectors with maximum (95%) security breaches are retail, IT and government sectors.
- In the event of a cybersecurity breach, 77% of companies are unprepared or have no back-up/response plan.
- A study conducted revealed that hackers stole over half-a-billion personal records in the year 2018.
Internet Advertising Trends Statistics
- When it comes to digital marketing, 66% of all companies invest in Internet advertising via different channels. Here, social media ads top the list, followed by display ads, paid search, etc.
- 19.3% is the average click-through-rate of the first position on Google search.
- In 2020, businesses who don’t implement counter ad-blocking measures are estimated to lose $78 billion.
These are just a few of the statistics and facts related to the world wide web a.k.a the Internet. To know more about other such interesting statistics, read this comprehensive guide. For now, check out the extensive infographic below that highlights the top 100+ Internet statistics and facts for 2020. Take a look!