Having an application of a brand or a service is comparatively easy than ensuring that the target audience remains hooked to your brand. With the increase in competition, customers tend to get better services within lesser costs from the competitive brands.
In such cut-throat competition, it becomes difficult to survive. But this situation can easily be fought. Even if a new brand arrives in the market offering better options in lesser price, you can continue to rule the market. The simplest way is to look into ways to create app’s brand resonance using marketing psychology. So, if you create an app
for your brand, also look into the marketing strategies for brand resonance.
What is brand resonance?
Brand resonance means the relationship between a brand and its customers. The relation that a brand develops with its customers by using different strategies is referred to as brand resonance.
If a brand has developed strong and positive relationship with its customers, then the customers will stick to the brand no matter what happens. But on the contrary, the customers will take no time to switch to an alternative.
For instance, iPhone is one brand that people continue to stick despite of other brands offering similar features within less cost. So, this brand exemplifies brand resonance in a best manner.
Brand resonance helps in playing an active role in the modern marketing arena. In fact it is now being widely acknowledged by the businesses and companies as brand resonance helps in building credibility and reputation.
In order to build your application’s brand resonance, look at the below Keller’s brand equity model but before that let me explain you what the model is all about.
Keller’s brand equity model is also known as CBBE model i.e. customer-based brand equity model. It simply explains about the brand’s user base, how users feel about a particular brand and what exactly the brand’s application looks like in the eyes of its user. The model is in the form of a pyramid and follows bottom-to-top approach. Look what model says:
1. Who you are? (Brand identity)
What image a brand creates in the mind of the customers is the first step in CBBE model. It defines how customer looks at your application and on what basis do they differentiates your application to others. You can use the following strategy to build your application brand’s identity. While working on a brand identity of an application the following is required, like know:
- Who are your target audience/customers?
- What are their needs?
- What makes the customers choose your brand over other?
- What process do your customers go through when they choose your product?
- How customers classify your product/ application?
- And last but not the least, how well your brand stands out at key stages of customer’s decision making process.
2. What are you?(Brand meaning)
This step involves communicating the meaning of your brand. This step involves two building blocks like performance and imagery.
Performance defines how well your product performs in the market from the customer point of view. It also explains how well your strategies meet customer’s demands and needs. Performance also depends on number of factors like – features, durability, reliability, design, style, effectiveness, and cost.
Whereas the imagery sub section will help in looking into the image your brand creates in the mid of customers. Here you also have to look whether the customers are using your application to fulfil their basic needs or have some attachment with it.
3. What do I feel about your brand? (Brand response)
This section tells about the most important thing that is how customers respond to your brand, which is further divided into two parts:
* Judgement and feelings
When a person reaches your application, he or she also looks into the details about the application’s market reputation. Then they make judgement on the basis of certain factors like quality, credibility, superiority and then take decision. Just to ensure your customers do not take wrong decision, make sure to work on some questions like:
- What can be done to improve the quality of the brand?
- What ways can be adopted to improve brand’s relevancy with the needs of customers?
- How your application differs from that of customers?
Feelings: Customers respond to your brand on the basis of how they feel about it. If they feel good about the application, they will do the word of mouth for it. If they do not feel good about it, they will never consider it no matter how urgently they require it.
4. What about brand and customer relationship (Brand relationship)
This is the top most level in the pyramid and by far the difficult one to reach. You reach at this stage when customers feel deep bond with your brand. Resonance is also divided into categories:
- Behaviour loyalty: It explains how customer returns to your application now and then.
- Attitudinal attachment: It explains how customers love your product and always look forward for a new update from you.
- Sense of community: It explains about connectivity. How connected your brand is towards your customers. How your customers feel attached towards your brand, application of the same brand.
- Active engagement: It shows how actively your customers participate in brand engagement strategies like polls, surveys etc..
So, above are varied levels of brand resonance. The enterprises are making use of the above strategies to keep pace with the market competition. With the change in trends, the study of brand resonance is largely becoming important in present scenario.