Focusing On The Values Of Keyword Research – For Beginners

  • By Sujain Thomas
  • 12-09-2018
  • SEO
keyword research
It all starts with you typing a word in the search box. Keyword research has always been an important, high return and valuable activity in search marketing session. Ranking for the right keywords can either make or just break the website. By researching the current keyword demand in the market, you will get to learn the phrases and terms to target with SEO. Not only that but you will come to learn more about customers on a whole new perspective over here.
Things are not just only revolving around getting visitors to your site. It is about attracting the right kind of visitor. Usefulness of this promising intelligence can never be overstated. With the help of promising keyword research, you can always predict the right shift in demand, product items, respond to flexible marketing conditions, and get to work on content which web searchers are looking for actively. Understanding the customers is your prime notion while using Keyword Inspector tool, as that’s what will help you to find the right keyword in the end.
Judging value of keyword:
Now the main question is revolving around the world of KW for a website. An example might clear the thought a little bit. Suppose you own online shoe center. Do you make more visitors looking for black shoe or brown ones? The keywords, as typed in by visitors into search engines are mostly available to webmasters. With the help of keyword research tools, you can get to find this information. But, those tools cannot show directly how valuable the keyword might be for receiving traffic from those searches. For understanding a keyword’s value, you have to understand your website first, work on some hypothesis, repeat and test it as the classic web marketing rule.
- First of all, you need to ask yourself the keyword question. Know more about your website and then ask yourself regarding the suitable keyword to go with your content.
- For the next step, you have to search for phrase or term in some of the major engines. 
- You can always try buying sample campaign for keyword at Bing Adcenter and at Google AdWords.
- After using your collected data, you have to determine the accurate value of each one of your keywords used.
Understanding the demand of long tail keyword:
long tail keywords
It is always great to deal with keywords with 5000 searches a day or even 500 a day. But, when it comes to reality, the popular form of search terms will actually make up less than the 30% mark of searches, as performed on web. The remaining 70% will lie in “long tail” search.  Long tail KWs have millions of unique searches, which are likely to be conducted few times in a day, which when taken together, will comprise of majority of search volumes in the world. 
You need to be sure of keyword and long tail KW importance first before you can finalize on the keyword research tools. Once you are sure of what you are looking for, the tools will be able to help you more.

Share It


Sujain Thomas

Sujain Thomas works at a design, branding and marketing firm, having founded the same firm 4 years ago. She likes to share knowledge and points of view with other developers and consumers on platforms.