SAP is one of the most used administrative systems in a business enterprise. It is convenient and makes the work easier for the employees. Handling a huge amount of data using an administrative system definitely reduces the workload and time taken for the job. But, SAP alone is not enough to handle all the complex procedures that need to be performed to obtain the required results.
Especially, taking printouts, sending various kinds of information via emails or fax to suppliers, vendors, stakeholders, etc. requires the employees to make sure all the specified information is attached to the email. When it comes to taking printouts, the process can get cumbersome. Business enterprises are usually spread over an area. The person in charge of the printers and output devices will end up being responsible to handle all the printers, their activity statuses, adding new printer drivers to the systems and removing the old ones. To make it easier, the SAP printing
can be handled by an output management system which takes care of all the output related processes by connecting the various system applications to the output devices across the enterprise.
So what are all the things and processes an output management system can take care of, thereby reducing the workload of an employee and at the same time reducing the cost
of investment for the enterprises?
Let us look in detail at some of the points to get a better idea about installing an output management system to make SAP printing more efficient in enterprises.
* Reduce Load on Application Servers
- The output management system is a multi-server architecture. This means, that the system ensures that the processing load is distributed optimally among the various servers.
- This ensures that the system is stable and also allows the users to individually rectify any errors that occur during the process.
- The output management process will be well maintained when none of the application servers suffer a breakdown due to work overload.
* Monitoring the Devices from One Location
- A centralized database stores the information about the printer drivers of the enterprise. This database is connected
to all the systems.
- The employee needs to only add or remove a printer driver from the central database to update the changes throughout the enterprise.
- The printer devices need not have to be individually set up at each system.
- The printing processes can also be monitored from the central database. It stores the information about the process and the administrators can access this information at any given time.
* Printing Barcodes
- Ordinary printers need additional cost-intensive modules to be able to print the barcodes, QR codes, OMR codes, and OFR labels.
- Purchasing the additional modules for every printer is not a feasible solution.
- The output management system can generate the codes and print them using ordinary printers without additional investment.
- The codes can be added at any specified place on the documents before printing.
* Transparency in Printing Process
- The output management system keeps track of the process end to end.
- This ensures that all the required documents are being collected, bundled, and delivered for printing or via email.
- The printing stage can be tracked continuously and employees can pause the printing to add or remove documents as and when required.
* Printing Diverse and Special Characters
- Some of the international characters specific to a particular country are not recognized by the systems.
- Enterprises will have to invest in character sets or depend on the support department to translate and print special characters.
- The output management system can read all kinds of special characters and print them as without any error.
* Design and Print Customized Forms
- The output management system can be supplemented with a professional form management system which will help in creating customized forms for an enterprise.
- The templates can be reused and while the elements such as header, logos, barcodes, etc. are stored in the system.
The output management system ensures that the confidential files are encrypted and provide restricted access to these files to keep them safe and secure.