Healthcare virtual assistants perform a myriad tasks for doctors and medical practitioners such as calling and checking on patients, ensuring the patient takes his prescribed medication timely and follows specified regimen, monitoring the overall condition of the patient all the while using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to sense changes demanding clinical attention. Virtual Assistants, through Artificial Intelligence, have emerged as an important cog in the domain of clinical care management. With doctors working round the clock, the healthcare virtual assistant fills in forms, does all the paperwork involved in reporting, deals with insurance companies etc. Healthcare virtual assistants enable personalized care and engage patients like nobody has done ever before. To manage a thriving practice, you might have to seek help from virtual assistant companies for healthcare virtual assistants.
Given below are 7 qualities of healthcare virtual assistants to look for who should be capable of:
- Scheduling appointments with patients: Patients are always calling in to fix an appointment with the doctor and given the doctor’s busy schedule, it becomes a little difficult to take calls. Your healthcare VA comes in to take those calls and schedule appointments with patients, doing them in a systematic way in order to avoid overlapping. Medical practitioners treat patients round the clock and proper scheduling helps manage workload.
- Setting regular appointment reminders: One of the biggest qualities of healthcare virtual assistants is the ability to set regular appointments. Medical practitioners using healthcare VA’s always have patients visiting them at different time slots and sometimes often show up without notice, a result of an appointment reminder not being set. Reminders keep the patient and the doctor informed about the impending visit in order for the sitting to proceed smoothly.
- Regularly updating files of patients: Maintenance of medical records is again a very hard task, something only seasoned healthcare VA’s are capable of. Patients have a fluctuating medical history and keeping a record of that is very important as doctors use these as reference material whilst administering treatment. Healthcare VAs must possess the ability to update files of patients regularly.
- Managing data entries immaculately: Healthcare VAs must have the ability to make accurate data entries without erring. Data entries are generally associated with the patient’s medical history, number of visits made to the doctor, number of times prescribed medicine to, outstanding amount due at the patient’s end, illness treated for etc. Healthcare VAs ensure accuracy in each entry made so that later on when used as reference it always helps the doctor recall properly.
- Tracking office inventory round the clock: This must be checked in the VAs being interviewed from all the virtual assistant companies. Medical practitioners busy with practice find it hard to keep a check on office inventory such as medicines that are out of stock and have crossed their expiry date. Ones out of stock must be ordered and those past their expiry date must be discarded, something only healthcare VAs do well.
- Doing regular follow-ups with patients: There will be patients seeking re-appointments with the practitioner and enquiring constantly about the medicines prescribed to them. Healthcare VAs doing regular follow-ups with patients make it easy for doctors to have a sitting with such patients again. Following-up with patients regularly ensures that patient visits are never unexpected and do not go unaccounted for. This also includes taking into consideration the patient’s availability for the next visit.
- Performing accounting and payroll duties: Finances are the key to a successful and thriving medical practice. Doctors too busy with their practice take an eye off finances leading to trouble later on, something good healthcare VAs help avoid. Generating medical invoices, accepting payments from patients, claims processing etc. and a proper record maintenance of all the financial transactions are things healthcare virtual assistants specialize at handling.
What are the various Healthcare Virtual Assistants?
Virtual Assistants in the Healthcare domain are available as:
* Chatbots (smart speakers)
* Technology (speech recognition)
* Text-to-speech and Text based
* End Users (Providers, Payers and Other End Users)
The most widely sought virtual assistants these days in the healthcare industry are speech recognition-based virtual assistants, focused on aiding the administrative tasks for physicians by automating operational processes that include medical transcriptions, scheduling, chart searches and medical information searches.
Why have healthcare virtual assistants become so important?
Healthcare virtual assistants specialize in positively engaging patients in their personal care plans, improve communication between providers, caregivers and families, reduce costly complications and improve health outcomes. Patients go through crisis and VAs must be around to detect that. There will be medical issues that have to be noticed in order to avoid any kind of legal ramifications. Digital caregivers are cost-effective, versatile and easy to deploy. In the form of chatbots, their ubiquitous presence on the internet helps reach out to every patient possible. Indian virtual assistants
specializing in healthcare know how to automate the task of patient engagement by automating patient interactions through the use of chatbots and smart speakers. Healthcare VAs are helping transform various health processes and improve healthcare delivery worldwide. Patient care, patient outcome and healthcare quality all improve at lower costs with the help of healthcare virtual assistants. Another reason why virtual assistants have risen in demand in the healthcare industry is because of an increased focus on patient-centric care delivery. The Internet of Things is being resorted to very aggressively along with other factors such as growing internet connectivity and smartphone devices and an increased focus on patient engagement. In addition to these, shortage of healthcare professionals and an increasing burden of lifestyle related diseases and the dire need to cut down on healthcare costs have also contributed to the growth of healthcare virtual assistants. Healthcare professionals are being expected to spend more and more time with patients than ever before and technological tools have paved way for better communication in the form of Healthcare Virtual Assistants.