Experiencing low website conversion rates can be frustrating for any business. After all, it hinders the growth of your business and jeopardises your potential earnings.
When a user lands on your website or webpage, it takes him less than some milliseconds to decide whether to continue reading your content. Your website's design can play a significant role in this. So, if you are experiencing a high bounce rate, it’s time to redesign your website. Are you wondering how?
We have tips to help you boost your web design
to get you the desired conversion and sales rate. But first, let us look at what causes low conversion rates and lesser sales in the first place.
8 Reasons Why Your Website Is Experiencing Low Conversion Rates
Websites can experience low conversion rates for several reasons. However, the most common ones include the following.
1) Poor user experience (UX): Websites that are difficult to navigate, slow to load, or unattractive can turn visitors away.
2) Lack of trust: Websites with no professional appearance or clear privacy policies can experience low conversion rates. In addition, websites with negative customer reviews may not inspire confidence among visitors.
3) Irrelevant or ineffective messaging: Sometimes, visitors may not find the information they are looking for on your website. Besides, the message that your website seeks to convey may not resonate with them.
4) Poor product or service offerings: Visitors may not be interested in what your website is offering.
5) High prices: Perhaps visitors are finding your pricing very high. Mostly, users may be turned off by high prices, especially if they perceive the value as low.
6) Technical issues: Websites with technical problems, such as broken links or errors, can deter visitors from purchasing. A technical issue can be a significant cause of concern for low conversion rates or halted sales.
7) Unoptimised landing pages: Landing pages not optimised for conversions can cause visitors to leave without taking action. Thus, a business must optimise landing pages to boost its conversion rates.
8) Competition: There may be a lot of competition in the market between different websites offering the same product. Your website might face challenges to stand out and convert visitors into customers.
It might take time for any website to fix the issues with conversion rates. However, since the first impression lasts, website owners can work on their websites to get the best results.
If you are still wondering whether optimising your website's design for increased conversions is worth it, let us give you some reasons why you should consider it.
Why Should You Consider Redesigning Your Website?
Website design is crucial in conversion rates because it affects the overall user experience (UX). It can directly impact a visitor's decision to take a desired action, such as making a purchase or filling out a form.
A well-designed website can:
1) Improve user experience: A website with a clean, intuitive design, easy navigation, and fast loading times can help visitors find what they are looking for.
2) Build trust: A professional and attractive website design can help establish trust and credibility with visitors.
3) Highlight the value proposition: A website with a good design can effectively communicate a product's or service's unique value proposition. It helps boosts your conversion rates when people understand why they should purchase from you.
4) Increase engagement: If your website has engaging visuals, multimedia elements, and interactive elements, it can keep visitors on the site longer. So, it increases the likelihood of conversions and increases sales.
5) Direct visitors towards the call to action: A well-designed website can guide visitors toward the desired action.
Therefore, investing in a well-designed website can significantly impact conversion rates for website owners. Undoubtedly, it can ultimately drive more sales and leads for a business.
Redesigning the website is the way to go to start fixing the issues with the conversion rates. But the question is, what exactly should a website owner do to redesign his website? Let's discuss some ways that work wonders in boosting conversion rates for any website.
How To Redesign A Website For Increased Conversion And Sales?
Here are some design patterns and UI tips you can incorporate into your website for increased sales and conversion rates.
Call To Action
CTA, or call to action, is an excellent way for any business to enhance its conversion rates. This way of conversion optimization allows a business to get the users' attention. It improves the effectiveness of calls to action on a website.
Thus, a website can quickly increase the number of visitors who take the desired action. So, a website can see an increase in its conversion rates.
Some tips to help you build a great design for your website using CTA are as follows.
1) Make CTAs clear and concise. For this, you can use action-oriented language that guides visitors about what they should do next.
2) CTAs should be visually prominent. So, you can consider using contrasting colours. In addition, using straightforward typography will allow you to draw the attention of your visitors.
3) CTAs should be where they are most likely to be seen and clicked. You can place them after a critical piece of information.
4) A/B testing different CTA variations, such as text, colour, or placement, is essential. It can help determine which variations are most effective at converting visitors.
5) Allow your CTAs to communicate what visitors will receive by taking the desired action. For instance, they can receive a discount, free trial, or valuable information.
Many types of research show that a website can boost its conversion rates by having more landing pages. The number of leads a business can generate highly depends on the number of landing pages you have.
If you are worried about the strength of landing pages on your website, you can always collaborate with many designers and marketers. They help you generate high-quality landing pages that help you enhance the conversion rates of your business.
Landing pages will eliminate all the distractions that users might come across on your webpage. So they can stay focused entirely on what you have to offer.
You can even include some testimonials to prove why your website is trustworthy. It enhances the trust level of the visitors to your website. In addition, incorporating the testimonials of various prominent figures in your website design is a great way to gain confidence.
The testimonials can show how much people prefer to use the products or services that you offer. It is a known fact that people often like to consider testimonials before they consider purchasing something.
Reviews from trusted personalities can boost the conversion rate of your website.
Your website should focus on making people aware of the value of your product. It should aim at communicating the potential benefits of using your product or service.
You must consider incorporating value propositions in your website design to communicate how your product or service can solve the problem of visitors. You can take the help of top web design companies to help you with your web design process
with your value proposition.
Suppose your website is in the business of selling high-speed internet connections to people. So, you can communicate to people that they can stream movies and shows with high-speed internet using your internet connection.
A business website design should include a space where you can put your contact information. If your website offers the much-needed contact information, you can gain the visitor's confidence. It makes the visitors believe that your website is genuine.
Instead of having the user navigate to a different page, you can put the contact information on the home page.
Having the service pricing on your website is a great way to boost website traffic and conversion rates. After all, you don't want people to feel frustrated trying to find the price of your product or your service.
A user's experience enhances when you put forth the pricing in the A pricing table UI pattern. It helps the visitor compare the product's plan across different platforms. Also, it brings more transparency to your website. So users develop more trust and confidence.
Having the pricing list handy can help you qualify more leads. It encourages visitors to take action on your product or service. Make sure that you make available fair prices for your services or product to enhance customer engagement.
Giving a human touch to your website will help you in converting visitors. Human faces make the visitor connect to your website. So, a user can feel an emotional attachment to your product or service.
For instance, if you are a garment-selling website, you can use human models to show your products. It gives the visitors a sense of relatability. Some top ways how a website can benefit from human faces can help in boosting conversion rates are as follows.
Human faces can help build trust by making the website feel more personal. It makes your website more approachable. So, it helps in increasing visitors' confidence in the brand. Visitors feel inclined to purchase your products or services.
A human face can serve as a focal point for the website. Besides, with a human face, the visitors can focus on the message and offer. Undoubtedly, it increases the likelihood of conversion for your website.
Including human faces can help showcase the diversity of the target audience. So, your website design can promote a platform that helps users feel more inclusive and relatable. Unarguably, it improves the user experience and the likelihood of conversion.
You can use human faces in product or service imagery on your website. It can help demonstrate how the products are used in real life. Thus, you can make your products and services appealing to potential customers. It helps you boost your conversion rate.
A fast-loading website provides a better user experience. With a fast-loading website, visitors do not have to wait for pages to load. So, it helps in improving their overall satisfaction with the website.
No one likes a slow website and that can lead to high bounce rates. When the website takes a long time to load, visitors are likely to leave the website. Unarguably, it reduces the chances of conversion.
Website loading speed is a factor in rankings. So, you can expect more traffic and potential conversions from a speed-optimised site.
With more and more visitors accessing websites on mobile devices, optimizing for fast loading speeds is important. Slow-loading websites on mobile can lead to high bounce rates and reduced conversions. Therefore, optimizing website loading speed can help improve conversion rates.
Optimising Website Design
The business can conduct several tests to know the current performance of the website to optimize the conversion rates. These tests help you figure out ways to design your website for higher conversions. The tests include the following.
A/B testing: With A/B testing, you can compare two designs that perform the best. So, you can pick a website design that you think is the best. In addition, you can also use this testing method to optimize your website and the landing pages.
Multivariate testing: A/B testing allows the website owners to compare two designs. However, with multivariate testing, a business can compare multiple website designs. Thus, a business determines the website design that loads faster.
Heatmaps: Heatmaps will allow you to look into how the users like to engage on a website. It also helps you determine the navigational links that are significant. You can even figure out the UI elements that distract users and eliminate them.
Google Analytics: You can even use Google analytics to determine the performance of your website's design.
Website design is the most important aspect of your website. It holds significance in helping you boost your conversion rates. A great way to engage the customers on your website is to have the best design.
If you are facing problems with your conversion rates, you should consider redesigning your website. These tips to help you redesign your website will help you engage more customers and boost your conversion rates.