Web portal development is not only necessary for having a great web presence or for selling products or services successfully. In fact, it is necessary for managing service functions, marketing programs, sales activities etc. Besides, the web portals also help the users to find articles and blogs, access news and to communicate with others. Considering the importance of web portals, a number of companies offer B2B and B2C web portal development services for developing effective and interactive eCommerce web portals for businesses. Being really cost-effective and innovative, these web portals can maintain unique brand identity with maximum visibility for the users.
1. B2C Customer Portal: For offering services and for selling consumer goods, the self-service portal is a really helpful tool for developing long-term relationships with the clients. With the availability of a range of usability parameters like response time, navigation, credibility, content, and reliability, the B2C customer portals include the features like:
- Service and order management
- Advancement order placement
- A wider variety of options for secure payment
- Personalized recommendations
- Announcements regarding service provision changes
- Review of purchase, account and payment history
- Statistics, reporting and more
2. B2B Customer Portal: By offering comprehensive, client-centric self-service, the B2B customer portal streamlines online sales volume, fuels client satisfaction and therefore saves cost. Besides, the B2B website solutions also include some powerful solutions for each member of the buying center of a client that allows multiple logins for every company. The B2B customer portals include features like:
- Automated calculation of price on the basis of promotions, volume, and delivery deadline
- Content personalization on the basis of customer account
- Customized product descriptions, easy tools for reordering and product comparisons
3. Vendor Portal: This works as a collaborative platform for both real-time and direct exchange of information with the vendors. To decrease the operating costs and overload of vendor management and encourage the vendor self-service, this portal comes with features like:
- Submission of information and verifications along with the updates of the profile details by the vendors
- Access control based on roles
- Setup and updates of delivery dates
- Claim settlement
- Inquiries about invoice and payment statuses
- Direct submission of an electronic invoice
- Statistics about earlier supplies and purchases
4. Partner Portal: This portal is designed to empower partners, boost sales volume and achieve competitive advantage. This portal helps the vendors to gain from the direct information exchange with the partner’s personnel. And there is no requirement for the continuous involvement of vendor managers. As a result, this helps the circles of the employees of the positively biased partners to become wider. If done right, the partner portals can successfully win those, who manipulate the purchasing decisions of the end clients.
5. Community Portal: The community portal includes strong and user-friendly capabilities like forums, chat, events, blogs, media files support etc. These portals successfully connect the community members to develop relationships and encourage collaboration for exchanging ideas.
6. Learning Portal: These portals are really beneficial for private and governmental educational organizations all across the globe. These portals are designed for both customers and training providers whether they are individual learners or businesses.